Chapters & SIGS
JALT has Chapters throughout Japan, from Hokkaido to Okinawa. Chapters hold meetings, seminars, lectures, workshops, book fairs, and training sessions, to name a few of their activities. Check the Events Calendar for an idea of Chapter activity.
The links below provide information on our Chapters, including an officer list, upcoming events, and a link to the Chapter website if it has one. If you wish to contact a chapter please use the individual contact form found on the linked Chapter page.
JALT has numerous Special Interest Groups (SIGs). These groups are made of JALT members who share a professional interest. Our SIGs publish books, journals, newsletters and maintain informative mailing lists. SIGs also hold conferences and seminars, and work with JALT Chapters and other groups to put on events throughout Japan.
To learn more about JALT's SIGs read this mission statement or visit the information column of The Language Teacher. If you wish to contact SIGs use the individual contact forms on each SIG page. If you are interested in forming a SIG, check check the process for forming a new SIG.
Click the links below to see information on our JALT SIGs, including officer lists, publications, events and websites:
- Business Communication
- College and University Educators
- Computer Assisted Language Learning
- Critical Thinking
- Extensive Reading
- Framework and Language Portfolio
- Gender Awareness in Language Education
- Global Issues in Language Education
- Japanese as a Second Language
- Learner Development
- Lifelong Language Learning
- Literature in Language Teaching
- Materials Writers
- Mind, Brain, and Education
- Mixed, Augmented, and Virtual Realities
- Other Language Educators
- School Owners
- Speech, Drama, & Debate
- Study Abroad
- Task Based Learning
- Teacher Education and Development
- Teachers Helping Teachers
- Teaching Younger Learners
- Testing and Evaluation