39th Annual International Conference on Language Teaching and Learning & Educational Materials Exhibition Kobe Convention Center, Portopia, Kobe, Hyogo, Japan October 25th - 28th, 2013
Learning is a Lifelong Voyage
We start to learn even before we are born and continue learning throughout our lives. It’s an important part of the life voyage of each human being. Every one of us has learning stories—our own stories as well as the ones we contribute to as friends, partners, parents, and teachers. What are your learning stories? What are your learning memories? Bring them to Kobe in 2013 and share them with your colleagues. JALT2013 promises to be a captivating port on your lifetime learning voyage.
Registration for the conference is in Kobe International Exhibition Hall 3. Turn left after you exit the turnstiles at Shimin HIroba. It is the large building diagonally to your left as you exit the station. Directions: http://kobe-cc.jp/english/tenji/index.html
Onsite registration will be offered at the conference site from 25 October, 4:00-7:00 pm, and throughout the remaining days of the conference. VISA and MasterCard will be accepted. Please bring your membership card to register at member rates. See the conference fees page for registration option details.
- Penny Ur (Sponsored by Cambridge University Press)
- Caroline Linse (Sponsored by JALT Junior)
- Kristin Sherman (Sponsored by Oxford University Press)
- Keith Folse (Sponsored by National Geographic Learning | Cengage Learning)
- Charles Browne (Cambridge University Press)
- Christine Pearson Casanave (CUE SIG )
- Crayton Walker (University of Birmingham)
- Curtis Kelly (Nova Southeastern University )
- Daniela Papi (GILE SIG)
- David Harrington (Language Solutions Japan )
- Elka Todeva (Osaka JALT/School for International Training)
- Grant Trew (Oxford University Press )
- Scott Thornbury (Kobe JALT/The New School)
Download color posters for the conference in English and Japanese.
- Download a 36 page full-color Conference Preview for your tablet or laptop. It includes, maps, venue information, hotels, schedule, extended abstracts for all the great plenaries and workshops, and great photos from JALT2012. [13 MB PDF, click here to download]
- You can also get a head start on the conference by downloading the complete conference handbook, again in PDF format. You can find the handbook here.