• Will this presentation promote currently or soon-to-be commercially produced materials?
maximum length of the title is 50 characters including spaces.
All titles must be in English.
• Presentations at the conference will be organized according to the interest areas below. Indicate
BOTH (A) which learning or teaching context you are targeting AND (B) which content area you feel your presentation best fits.
Note that all Teaching Children or Junior/Senior High School context submsissions, if accepted, will be scheduled as part of the JALT Junior section of the conference.
* - Select - College & University Education Conversation/Language School Junior/Senior High School Teaching Children Teaching Mature Learners General
* - Select - Administration, Management, & Employment Issues (PALE) Bilingualism (BIL) Business Communication (BizCom) CEFR and Language Portfolio (CEFR & LP) Content-Based Instruction (CBI) Corpus (COR) Critical Thinking (CT) Culture (CUL) Elementary and Preschool (ELEM) English for Specific Purposes (ESP) Extensive Reading (ER) Gender Awareness in Language Education (GALE) Global Issues in Language Education (GILE) Japanese as a Second Language (JSL) Language and Technology (CALL) Languages Other than English or Japanese (OLE) Learner Development (LD) Lifelong Language Learning (LLL) Listening (LIS) Literature in Language Teaching (LILT) Materials Writing and Design (MW) Mind, Brain, and Education (BRAIN) Mixed, Augmented and Virtual Realities (MAVR) Motivation (MOT) Pragmatics (PRAG) Professional Development (PD) Pronunciation (PRON) Reading (READ) School Owners (SO) Sociolinguistics (SL) Speaking/Communication (SC) Speech, Drama & Debate (SDD) Study Abroad (SA) Task-Based Learning (TBL) Teacher Education (TED) Teachers Helping Teachers (THT) Testing and Evaluation (TEVAL) Vocabulary (VOC) Writing (WRIT)
• Note that
only a limited number of long workshop, long presentation, and forum submissions can be accepted, depending on space available. Only those submissions rated highest in the selection process will be considered.
* - Select - Research-Oriented Short Presentation (25 minutes) Practice-Oriented Short Workshop (25 minutes) Practice-Oriented Long Workshop (60 minutes) Research-Oriented Long Presentation (60 minutes) Forum (90 minutes) Poster Session (90 minutes) Roundtable Exchange (75 minutes) Meeting (60 minutes)
• Enter the main languages in which you will present
• The short summary will be used in the conference program (maximum of 75 words or 150 Japanese characters).
Note: This is the only thing conference participants will be able to read in order to decide whether or not to go to your presentation.
• The abstract is what the vetting committee sees when rating presentation proposals. Aim for between 150 - 250 words. Anything under 150 words or over 250 words will be rejected.