JALT2014: Conversations Across Borders
40th Annual International Conference on Language
Teaching and Learning & Educational Materials Exhibition
Friday, 21 November - Monday, 24 November 2014
Tsukuba International Congress Center (Epochal Tsukuba)
Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
*** Registration Information ***
Conversations Across Borders
Language learning and language teaching carry us across all sorts of borders: national, cultural, disciplinary, psychological, and of course linguistic. JALT’s 40th annual conference will explore this phenomenon with its theme, “Conversations Across Borders.”
- Conference co-chairs: Peter Hourdequin and Diane Nagatomo
- Thomas Farrell - Professor, Brock University
- Bill Harley - Grammy-award winning musician, story-teller, and author - Sponsored by Yokohama JALT
- Claire Kramsch - Professor, UC Berkeley
- Kimie Takahashi - Lecturer, Graduate School of English, Assumption University - Visiting Associate Professor, International Christian University. Update: JALT regrets to announce that Kimie Takahashi has had to cancel her appearance at JALT2014.
- Andrew Boon - Sponsored by National Geographic Learning | Cengage Learning
- Miles Craven - Sponsored by the Materials Writers Special Interest Group
- Lesley Ito - Sponsored by Atama-ii Books
- Sonthida Keyuravong - Balsamo Asian Scholar
- Jeanne McCarten - Sponsored by Cambridge University Press
- Leslie Turpin - Sponsored by SIT Graduate Institute
- Crayton Walker - Sponsored by University of Birmingham
Additional Invited Plenary Speaker
Gerry Yokota – Professor, Osaka University
Special thanks to Tsukuba Tourist and Convention Association
We are pleased to announce we are able to held the conference in Tsukuba with the aid and kind assistance of the Tsukuba Tourist Convention Association.
Special Pre-conference Issue of The Language Teacher
A special non-password-protected excerpt of our publication, The Language Teacher, is available for download. This PDF includes articles from and interviews with our Plenary and Featured Speakers as a preview of their presentations.
Conference Preview and Handbook
Download this shorter PDF (10MB) for site maps, access information, hotel details, schedule overview, and much more in a handy size for your iPad or other tablet. Conference Preview PDF
Download the complete Conference Handbook for information about all presentations, speakers, events, and more.
Access from Tsukuba Express
Exit the Tsukuba Express. Go up the escalator at Exit A3. Turn right at a ticket offce, then go up the steps. Go straight for approximately 800m.
There is currently no news.