Applications to sponsor a Featured Speaker can be made by JALT SIGs, Chapters and AMs until February 12, 2018.
Sponsoring a Featured Speaker Workshop (FSW) is a great way to create goodwill as FSW attendees have positive experiences that they directly connect with your group or organization. Featured Speaker Workshops allow for a high degree of participation and more chances for hands-on experiences involving activities, tasks, and techniques than a regular presentation. Workshops also can incorporate a strong element of experiential learning.
In your application you should state why you think your applicant would make a good featured speaker and what attributes they would add to JALT2018 and the theme “Diversity and Inclusion.” In addition, please note that:
- Submission vetting will be based on a combination of the following criteria:
- Internationally known scholars or authors and candidates from inside or outside of Japan are preferred.
- Non-repeaters from previous years will be given preference. A person cannot be a Plenary or Featured Speaker more than twice in three years.
- Multiple submissions are allowed, but AMs may be limited to one Featured Speaker.
- Each speaker will conduct a 60-minute workshop related to the conference theme and one additional 25-minute presentation. One session will be scheduled on Saturday, November 24th, 2018, and the other will be scheduled on Sunday, November 25th, 2018. Presenters must be available for both days to be eligible for this program.
- Sponsors pay for their speaker’s transportation and lodging and any honorarium they may wish to offer.
- JALT waives conference participation fees for the featured speaker.
If you have any questions about sponsoring or co-sponsoring a Featured Speaker Workshop please contact the Director of Program, Louise Ohashi, at email@example.com