The easiest way to join JALT is by credit card using our online registration form. We can accept VISA, MasterCard, JCB, and American Express. Other joining options are listed below.
For libraries and educational institutions interested in carrying all JALT publications.
(1) Go to any post office and request a postal transfer form. In Japanese, this is known as a "yubin furikae youshi". (Note: this form is available on the back page of The Language Teacher)
(2) Remit the correct amount to the JALT Postal Account number shown below;
Account Name: JALT
Account Number: 00290-1-70903
(3) Be sure to indicate your full mailing address, e-mail address, phone, and fax.
(4) The Central Office will process your application within two weeks and you will start receiving JALT publications within approximately four to six weeks.
(5) Group membership applicants, download the Group Membership Application form (pdf format; click to download), fill in, and send it to the JALT Central Office.
NOTE: The Chapter Membership officer at your local chapter meeting may also be able to help you fill out the postal furikae form. In many cases the Chapter Membership officer may be willing to accept your money and then pay at a Post Office on your behalf. For information about a chapter near you, visit the Chapters and Special Interest Groups page.
There are two ways to join JALT from overseas.
(1) By International Postal Money Order in Yen
Mail an international postal order in Japanese Yen for your JALT Membership directly to the JALT Central Office, which is located at this address:
(2) By Bank Transfer
Transfer the membership funds to SMBC Trust Bank Yokohama Branch
Account Name: JALT
Account Number: Account for yen: 5635586
SWIFT Code: SMTCJPJT
Intermediate Bank: Citi Bank Japan (Swift Code: CITIJPJT)
NOTE: At this time the Central Office cannot accept bank checks or personal checks. All funds must be in Japanese yen.
Once you have made your payment, download and fill out the Overseas Membership Form (PDF format; requires Adobe Acrobat). Indicate your complete mailing address, e-mail address, phone, and fax, and type of membership you want.
The Central Office will process your application within four weeks. Delivery time of your JALT publications will vary depending on the mail option you have chosen.
If you have any questions, contact the Central Office