SO SIG became a 'Forming SIG' at the JALT National Conference in October, 2012 (Hamamatsu).
Language School owners have always played a significant role in JALT both at national & local levels but the School Owners SIG is the first time that they have had their own SIG. The SIG is where owners can share ideas, experiences, and solutions to the academic and commercial challenges they face which cannot be addressed through other SIGs. These include but are not limited to;
- Recruitment & Training
- Tax, Accounting, Banking and Bookkeeping
- Technology & software for language schools
- Curriculum development for language schools
- Marketing & advertising for language schools
- Partnerships & Trade between owners