This seminar will show participants how to take their lessons from the classroom to the virtual world with ease using various freeware online. The seminar will work through five easy-to-do projects to:
1) make an online whiteboard students can access for review and support of lessons, and for autonomous learning
2) make digital content in various media forms for offline consumption
3) create online communities and become more active in reaching, teaching and connecting students outside of class
4) use online tools to make printable products for in-class use
5) create an online learning environment or a MOOC (Massive, Open, Online Course).
All the tools are free and geared for people with a range of tech skills from total beginner to advanced user. This seminar applies to all teaching situations and subjects.
This event is co-sponsored by the English Education Research Centre at the Miyagi University of Education (MUE). It is FREE for members and students/alumni of MUE and its English Education Center, as well as being free for JALT members.